I have not been great at getting to DA every day like I should, especially for group issues. I apologize about this, and hope that developments in the future help to make it so that when I come home at night I don't just immediately fall the hell over. I have also realized in the last few weeks that I've become sort of a born-again TMNT fan. Not super deep and crazy, just enough that you'll see some doodles of related stuff in the future.So!
I got tagged by my lovely green Amiga bunnicustard
to do one of these DA 'find more about the artist' chain letters. Here's to hoping I don't mess it up!
1. - You must posts these rules.
2. - Each person has to share 10 things about them
3. - Answer the 10 questions asked to you and invent 10 questions the people you tag will have to answer.
4. - Choose 10 people and put their icons on your journal
5. - Go to their page to inform them they are tagged
6. - Not something like " you are tagged if you read that"
7. - You have to legitimately tag 10 people
8. - No tag-backs
9. - You can’t say that you don't do tags.
10. - YOU MUST MAKE A JOURNAL ENTRY. NO COMMENTS.
Bunni's Questions for moi!
1. What is the weirdest thing that's ever happened to you at work? Or, if you can't think of anything, a funny work-related story will do.
- When I still worked at the bookstore, one of the first things I had to deal with after learning how to buy and sell for the company included appraising books people would bring in. One of the 'buys' that came through included a book on being your own legal defense in marital affairs, and the page was marked by a used condom. Classy.
2. If you could be any animal, what would it be?
- Oh, wow,...I'm not sure. If it's a real animal, probably some kind of large cat like a panther because I could be lazy but I'd also have some kick ass killing skills if anyone was being a dipshit. If I could be a magical animal, I'd want to be some kind of chimera made of lots of adorable animal parts.
3. What is your favorite traditional art medium, not counting pencil/sketchbook...unless that's literally the only medium you've ever tried, I suppose
. - Assuming alcohol markers also don't count, I'd say Holbein Acryla Gouache. It's pricey, but it lays down opaque and has this amazing, velvet finish that harkens back to the grand days of background paintings for cel animation. 4. What are your biggest hobbies/loves aside from art?
- Papercrafting, Jewelry-Making, and writing penpal letters.5. What kinds of books do you like to read? I'm looking for books to add to the giant reading list I will never get through!
- I read a LOT of magazines, but actual books I read tend to be scholarly and purposed, so they aren't the most exciting material on the face of the earth. Anything on Ancient Egypt or Caribbean culture is a go for me, along with socially aware topics such as world religion, feminism, and cultural anthropology. I love
different languages and how they develop from within social systems, so I'll often break open language primers too just to get a feel for how the words sound and feel in my mouth.6. How many siblings do you have and do you like them?
- I have a younger brother, Geggingtons, who means the entire world to me. He is my wing-man and my best friend.7. Do you ever have reoccurring dreams? What are they? Or you could just tell me a great/weird dream you've had.
- I tend to have reoccurring anxiety dreams, especially ones where I'm back in college and I forgot to take notes for a huge test, or I can't figure out if I went to work that week and find out I've been fired from my job for absences. Most of my other dreams are just random mental decompression until I can turn it into a lucid dream (in which case it's usually just me attempting to use my powers to be awesome.)8. If you could live anywhere and money was no issue, where would it be?
- If the current political climate was an issue, I'd love to live in Scotland. Otherwise, If I could change the current political climate I'd say either the Caribbean or Egypt.9. What is your opinion on aliens?
- I hope they're out there and I hope they're nice. It would be a pretty boring universe if the only sentient life it currently sustains is Earth humans. That thought alone is more frightning to me than unknown alien species.10. What would you do if you suddenly landed in the 1920s?
- make a bunch of money as a medium by telling them ahead of time what happens in the 1920s. I don't see myself as someone huge into the speak easy lifetyle, but I could totally find myself trying to get into the excavation programs surrounding Tutankhamun at the time!
My tagged peoples (A lot of the people I was going to tag have already been tagged, so don't feel left out if I didnt get you in the list this time.)
Questions for those I tagged:
- If you could only have 2 kinds of food for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- What kind of artistic medium do you absolutely hate to use, and why?
- Do you collect anything specific? How big is your collection?
- Have you ever had to have major surgery, and if so (assuming its not triggering), what was it?
- What is the oldest memory you have (with details)?
- What's your blood type & astrological sign?
- If you had your own biographic movie released, who would play you?
- what is your current favorite comic series (if you have one)?
- If you had an extra 500$ in your pocket right now, what would you spend it on?
- Write a summary of your last 24 hours as a Haiku.